“Most people don't realize how important librarians are. I ran across a book recently which suggested that the peace and prosperity of a culture was solely related to how many librarians it contained. Possibly a slight overstatement. But a culture that doesn't value its librarians doesn't value ideas and without ideas, well, where are we?”
Neil Gaiman

Friday, June 24, 2011

Get Ready For Some Upcoming Fun New Posts!!!

Here I am in hot, muggy New Orleans birthplace of my father and generations of my ancestors for the 2011 American Librarian Association (ALA) Annual Conference getting ready to embark upon a marathon of learning about the latest and greatest in librarianship, listening to some of the best authors and speakers in the world, grabbing some coveted signed books, and trying a new thing for my blog -- video author interviews!  I have been lucky enough to get a few wonderful authors to agree to let me do video interviews with them and will be posting the interviews after the conference on the Suburban Barnyard!  My kids were originally supposed to come down to the Big Easy with me to the conference, but got vetoed from the trip.  As a concession, I let them help me pick out a few authors to interview.  Some of them said yes!  I am so excited about this project and know that I'll be able to bring some excellent content back to fans.  Without giving too much away, one of the books is about a baby mouse, one is about a wimpy kid, and one is about a dog and a cat named "Bobby"...  More to come soon!

  

No comments: