“Most people don't realize how important librarians are. I ran across a book recently which suggested that the peace and prosperity of a culture was solely related to how many librarians it contained. Possibly a slight overstatement. But a culture that doesn't value its librarians doesn't value ideas and without ideas, well, where are we?”
Neil Gaiman

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

World Book Night Update!

It's official!


I will be giving out my books at the Griffin Cafe in Wayne, PA from 6pm until they are gone on April 23rd!


So if you have not read The Book Thief by Marcus Zuzak, come on out to Wayne and I will give you a copy for FREE!  It is a wonderful read -- one of my top ten favorite books of all time.  


Imagine a book about war narrated by Death.  That is a heavy commentary.  This book gave me a whole new perspective on death.  With Death personified, there is almost a sense of empathy for Death -- it's an odd feeling.  The book has a mix of characters in the flux of WWII, among them a young girl who finds comfort in books...which she steals.  The language is beautiful.  It is so beautiful that I found myself stopping to reread passages at times.  Death speaks so eloquently at times that I could imagine sections spoken by an actor on a stage as a soliloquy.  The Book Thief is a book that will resonate with readers long after it is finished and remain on their shelves to be read again years later.  Visit me and become introduced to it!


No comments: