“Most people don't realize how important librarians are. I ran across a book recently which suggested that the peace and prosperity of a culture was solely related to how many librarians it contained. Possibly a slight overstatement. But a culture that doesn't value its librarians doesn't value ideas and without ideas, well, where are we?”
Neil Gaiman

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Week 8 Readings -- HTML and CSS

This week's readings were a lot of fun. I have always wanted to learn how to write HTML and now I had the perfect opportunity to get up off my rear end and play with it! I knew the basics and theory behind it, but had never played with it. As I did the readings, I pulled up a text file on my Mac and tried writing some of the examples. It was really fun to see how they worked. I am just learning Dreamweaver at work, so this week's readings were immensely helpful in filling me in on how all of the files in the index I am looking at in Dreamweaver are working together to form a webpage. CSS files FINALLY make sense to me!!!

No comments: