“Most people don't realize how important librarians are. I ran across a book recently which suggested that the peace and prosperity of a culture was solely related to how many librarians it contained. Possibly a slight overstatement. But a culture that doesn't value its librarians doesn't value ideas and without ideas, well, where are we?”
Neil Gaiman

Saturday, August 6, 2011

If you love dance....














The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers: LDX

















 

Those of you that know me personally know I love dance and that I recently started tap dancing with a little inspiration from my eight-year-old daughter. My daughter takes four dance classes a week – tap, ballet, hip hop, and irish. My son also takes hip hop. When I was in Game Stop a few weeks ago I was chatting with the young guy at the register as I often do and telling him about my family of dancers. He told me about this cool group on the web called the Legion of Extraordinary Dancers and told me to check them out. So I did. They are truly amazing and I couldn’t resist sharing them in a post!















The group, commonly known as the LXD, is a web series composed of two rival groups of dancers (can you say West Side Story anyone?): heroes who are the Legion of Extraordinary Dancers and villains who are the Alliance of Dark. They discover that they have superpowers called the “ra” through their dance abilities. The story takes place between the year 1920 and the year 3000. Jon Chu is the creator of the series and it includes every form of dance under the sun. 






















*I do like to give credit where credit is due. I don’t often use Wikipedia for a resource, but it was acceptable here and well reference back to Jon Chu’s resources so my info on LDX did come from Wikipedia.

No comments: